Oh the Glory of it All
David Crowder Band
At the start
He was there, He was there
In the end,
He’ll be there, He’ll be there
And after all our hands have wrought
He forgives
Oh the Glory of it all is:
He came here
For the rescue of us all
that we may live
for the glory of it all
for the glory of it all
All is lost
find Him there, find Him there
After night
Dark is there, Dawn is there
After all falls apart
He repairs He repairs
Oh the Glory of it all is:
He came here
for the rescue of us all
that we may live
for the glory of it all
oh He is here
for the redemption for my soul
that we may live
for the glory of it all
oh the glory of it all
the glory of it all
oh the glory of it all
After night
comes the light
dawn is here
dawn is here
it’s a new day
it’s a new day
everything will change
things will never be the same
we will never be the same
we will never be the same
we will never be the same
we will never be the same
Oh, The glory of it all is
you came here
for the rescue of us all
that we may live
for the glory of it all
Oh you are here
with redemption for us all
that we may live
for the glory of it all
for the glory of it all
oh the glory of it all
I am 38-years old and I think this is the first Christmas that I have truly started to grasp The Glory of It All - the true meaning of THIS day - Christ's Birthday: December 25th.
And when I listen to this song by the David Crowder Band, I am humbly reminded, once again, of the true meaning of Christmas Day.
I hope my children grasp this much, much sooner than I have.
Every year at this time I struggle with: How many presents are too many for the kids? Are we spending too much money? Did we do this or that ENOUGH this year in Jesus' name for HIS birthday? How do we keep JESUS as the center of the holiday in the midst of all the chaos? How do I, me - personally, Lori, keep Jesus as MY focus?
I struggle with feeling like each year that we have failed them (and God) in someway. Like we didn't focus on JESUS enough or something. I know it's not about feeling guilty, but it is so EASY to go there.
Well, this year as I watched the kids tear into their presents (isn't that a crazy sight to see?), I realized that they DO know what THIS day is about. It is what they've heard and been taught all of their lives. They know THIS DAY IS ABOUT JESUS, but they are simply kids, naturally getting caught up in all the "fun", just like we adults can so simply do as well.
What they DON'T GET, at least I don't think so, and what I am just starting to get right now is,
The Glory Of It All.
The Glory Of It All.
He could have shown up in the richest, most beautiful mansion clothed in rich garments, but instead.......God sent His only Son to Earth in the form of a baby under those dire circumstances to RESCUE US because we sure needed it, and God knew it. He was willing to watch His only Son suffer and die out of His LOVE FOR each one of us. That is how much He wants us restored to Him.
It's that simple: JESUS is the GIFT.
And it is all about Love.
If we could ALL just grasp that TODAY, Christ's Birthday...It's all about LOVE.
The GIFT of forgiveness. The GIFT of redemption. The GIFT of eternal Life. The GIFT of peace and calm in the midst of the storms of Life. The GIFT of a relationship with Jesus.
I imagine the Christmas "tag" attached to Jesus's sweet little foot saying:
TO: My Child
FROM: With Love from God
TO: My Child
FROM: With Love from God
Just like any other GIFT given to us by any dear loved one, we have to accept HIS GIFT into our hearts with thankfulness and gratitude.
And to be willing to CHANGE, or at least try to.
BUT we have to let His Love IN. Love is calling out to YOU. And I believe Love is worth taking the chance for.
And to be willing to CHANGE, or at least try to.
BUT we have to let His Love IN. Love is calling out to YOU. And I believe Love is worth taking the chance for.
You will never be the same; I know I haven't been.
Then you will KNOW that you have never walked this path of Life alone, and that you never will; that you have a Father in Heaven who Loves you beyond measure; One who will never leave you; One that you can count on; One who frees you from your guilt, lightens your load, gives you strength and peace to make it through Life's darkest moments. And to have the security of KNOWING that you are being carried through ALL the hills and valleys of Life.
Wow! What a gift!
Wow! What a gift!
So I end this post with a these words for all of my family and friends but particularly for my children: Matthew, Megan, and Luke; and also those I have yet to meet and call Friend:
That you also may also grasp The Glory Of It All this Christmas Day and everyday, as I think I finally have after 38 years. I guess I'm a work in progress.
As you can see from our "Christmas photo", we are all doing very well and are extremely blessed. We are so thankful to the One who's birthday we celebrate today.
Merry Christmas to you & your family!
No comments:
Post a Comment