You know the ones ... laugh-out-loud until your belly hurts! I've had people in recent weeks, including Mark, give me some excellent recommendations to watch like the hit show called The Office, which we've watched together from time to time.
My sister-in-law, Kristin, highly recommended and borrowed to us Laugh Your Way To A Better Marriage.
This Pastor sure gets it! He has gotten me laughing so hard I thought I was going to pee my pants ... not kidding!
Or have you seen The Proposal or Hitch?
Just throwing out some ideas if you are looking for some good summer movies to watch! I have a list of books, too, if you are interested.
Recently, I finally got around to renting from the library a movie called The Bucket List. I remembered laughing at the previews. People recommended it to me. It sure seemed like a funny movie, one that I was after. I was also drawn to its deep underlying themes tucked in there ... lessons to take with me.
Mark & I never did get around to actually sitting down and watching it for whatever reason. I realized later after talking to a friend of mine who really knows me, and who understood what I was really looking to watch, actually recommended I not watch it (I am really glad that I listened!). I watched the trailer and realized how right she was ... that I probably wouldn't have found it "funny" in a way I was hoping for. It has the underlying tone of sadness to it, too, of course. I don't mind the sad, but was looking for more of the funny, if you know what I mean.
So when I found this youtube video that tells the Story, communicates the lessons to us so well, I wanted to pass it along to you. I love how it focuses on the good, even in the midst of some of Life's toughest trials.
Ideas like Friendship. Living in the moment. Enjoying your Life ... each day.
Giving back. Paying it forward. Passing love onto others. Cherishing each moment that is given.
Although I had somehow already learned some of these great lessons awhile ago from my Mom, our daughter, Emily, and my dear friend, Lori.
Whom all died way, way too young, but the gifts & nuggets of truth that I took away from their walk and what their "short" lives taught me ... I find worth sharing with all of you.
I, though, don't want this "idea" of having a Bucket List go unnoticed, as sad as it may appear or seem.
It sure doesn't need to be.
I have one.
Don't you? Who doesn't? Shouldn't we all?
These are the types of questions that I ponder ... thoughts that swirl around in my head ... ones that get stuck in my heart that I feel I need to share with all of you.
Once again, please hit Pause on my music player before watching this youtube video.
What I love most about this trailer is that we pretty much get the "idea" of what they are trying to say or teach us without any of us really needing to watch the entire film.
In writing this post, I am thinking of our Matthew and his best friend, Alex, whom he's known since he was 5. Even though we had switched schools and then returned to HCS, they still had remained friends throughout. And just sort of "picked up" where they left off.
What they have, what I like to call it is a gift. The word blessed comes to my mind & heart. Thankfulness.
I will share with you a couple things on My Bucket List ... and please feel free to share back. One of them is to go to the Grand Canyon for sure. Because I've been told that that is worth seeing. I do not doubt that for one second. And I will walk on their bridge that has like no bottom! even though I am afraid of heights.
Getting to Hawaii at some point would sure be nice.
However, I'd also love to learn how to ride a motorcycle ... take a photography class ... be able to do some serious pull-ups like some men that I've seen! Do a triathlon. Or a duathlon. Continue my education. Teach.
Or maybe get another tattoo. A family missionary trip to a third world country.
One day at a time.
But you will not catch me skydiving. Just not my thing! But then again, I've been known to change my mind in a flash!
I could go on and on with my list, which can and probably will change as time goes on, but I think we all know that it isn't really in the doing or the getting or achieving that matters at the end of each and every one of our lives.
At least this is what I've learned through it all.
This is one inspirational quote that I will leave you with that always helps me regroup, as I like to call it ...
"Life isn't about the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away."
My hope is that you enjoy today! And take it all in.
No comments:
Post a Comment