Be still and know that I am God.
Psalm 46:10

Thursday, March 31, 2011

The healing has begun

When I had considered "blogging" about 6 months ago and needed to decide on a title, intuitively I knew it was to be called "Healing Begins" after the song by Tenth Avenue North. It seemed perfect and fitting for me and my journey thus far.

I knew that the main singer Mike had written this song to his wife when she came to him with a "confession" of some kind. I never did figure out the "sin" that she confessed and now I see that that doesn't really matter.

All I do know is that this song impacted me in a great way, then and now. What it really is saying to each and every one of us...what it has taught me.

In recent weeks I've come to truly learn and appreciate what freedom there truly is in laying my heart open in front of another human being. How healing that is to do - on so many levels.

And what I've learned mostly is that the fear of doing that is so much greater than it really needs to be. After all...love is the safety net and it is okay to fall.

It just is.

So in my quest for "healing", in my prayer to Be Still...and Know that He is God...I found healing in the exact way I needed, instead of in the way I wanted.

I've learned that actually allowing my "walls" down to shatter hasn't been so scary after all. I've learned that admitting our mistakes to one another is healing. I've learned that letting others in is healing. I've learned that being willing to change for something better is key. 

And I have learned that it is better on the other side. Much, much better.

There is this freedom in simply resting instead of striving. There is freedom in that sound - the sound my walls made when they came crashing down.

I know that my physical body has been working very, very hard towards physical healing of Lyme disease. And it has fought hard. I mistakenly thought that my prayer for "healing" would manifest itself in my physical body.

I never knew that God had a different plan than mine. That's the hard part I think - trusting that His plan is better than ours. And trusting that it is all good.

So you might ask: what is it Lori that knocked your walls down?

And I would answer simply with...

Love.

That is where the Light meets the Dark. And that's where true freedom is found.

That is when Healing Begins. Then and only then.

May the song playing in the background encourage, inspire, and uplift you as it has for me. May you also see for yourself that the possibility (because it is there) for healing to begin in your own life is real and within reach.

Simply reaching Up and Out...to Love...

It is as simple as that.

No comments: